Visiting universities is integral to the application process but attending dozens of these will inevitably put a strain on students’ studies and their wallets. Encourage them to plan carefully with these helpful hints.
- Plan ahead – read the programme carefully and allow plenty of time for travel.
- Get thinking – write a list of questions you want answered on the day.
- Explore your course – make finding out the what, when and how of your subject area the priority of the day.
- Get the low-down – chat to current students and academics to gather top tips for getting your application right.
- Venture into town – check out all the student-friendly shops, restaurants and entertainment venues to make sure this feels like a great place to live.
Taking advantage of local open days is a convenient way to get a feel for university life. Even if your students hadn’t considered applying to institutions in their home town, these will provide a good comparison with those further afield.
Why not visit us?
University of Gloucestershire Open Day Dates
Friday 30 June
Sunday 2 July
Saturday 23 September (Teacher Training only)
Saturday 30 September
Sunday 29 October
Sunday 19 November
Visit www.glos.ac.uk/open to book a University of Gloucestershire open day.